{"id":18482,"date":"2025-11-03T12:55:53","date_gmt":"2025-11-03T10:55:53","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/?page_id=18482"},"modified":"2025-11-05T15:23:12","modified_gmt":"2025-11-05T13:23:12","slug":"3a-eng-religious-objects","status":"publish","type":"page","link":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/?page_id=18482","title":{"rendered":"3a ENG RELIGIOUS OBJECTS"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<div class=\"wp-block-columns header-columns is-layout-flex wp-container-core-columns-is-layout-8f761849 wp-block-columns-is-layout-flex\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-column is-layout-flow wp-block-column-is-layout-flow\" style=\"flex-basis:10%\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full back-image\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"57\" height=\"57\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2023\/05\/Back.png\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-3616\"\/><\/figure>\n<\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-column is-layout-flow wp-block-column-is-layout-flow\" style=\"flex-basis:30%\"><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-column last-header-column is-layout-flow wp-block-column-is-layout-flow\" style=\"flex-basis:60%\">\n\n<\/div>\n<\/div>\n\n\n\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image alignfull size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1500\" height=\"600\" src=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/11\/religius-monuments.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-18486\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/11\/religius-monuments.jpg 1500w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/11\/religius-monuments-300x120.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/11\/religius-monuments-1024x410.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/11\/religius-monuments-768x307.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1500px) 100vw, 1500px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-18ad43a2\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-0fe1492c\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-7f8e7a6c qodef-col-num--3 qodef-col-layout--16-66-16 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-5559f00d\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-c25a6184\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color wp-block-paragraph\">Christian churches are monuments of the past, but also guardians of the tradition and history of this region. The monasteries and churches in the &#8222;Piva&#8220; Nature Park witness to the rich spiritual and cultural tradition of this region, they are a meeting place and a place where customs are preserved. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of historical architecture and untouched nature.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color has-large-font-size wp-block-paragraph\"><br><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-c70950dc\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\"><\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-47f86e81 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-b31819bb\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/CRKVA-SVETOG-JOVANA-U-SELU-SELJANE.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16669\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/CRKVA-SVETOG-JOVANA-U-SELU-SELJANE.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/CRKVA-SVETOG-JOVANA-U-SELU-SELJANE-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/CRKVA-SVETOG-JOVANA-U-SELU-SELJANE-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-14243c3f\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<h2 class=\"wp-block-heading has-text-align-center\" style=\"font-size:25px\"><strong><strong>The Church of Saint John the Baptist \u2013 Seljane<\/strong><\/strong><\/h2>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-fb1c6890\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color wp-block-paragraph\">The church in the village of <strong>Seljane<\/strong> is dedicated to <strong>Saint John the Baptist<\/strong>, who is also the patron saint of most of the village\u2019s brotherhoods (Ble\u010di\u0107i, Vukosavljevi\u0107i, Sekulovi\u0107i). All the brotherhoods of the village contributed to the construction: Ble\u010di\u0107i, Sekulovi\u0107i, Vukosavljevi\u0107i, \u017divkovi\u0107i, Lu\u010di\u0107i, and Tufegd\u017ei\u0107i. The decision to build the church was made on <strong>September 11, 1999<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color wp-block-paragraph\"><br>Its foundations were blessed in 1999 by Bishop Joanikije of Budimlje, and the frescoes were painted by Milo\u0161 Jani\u0107ijevi\u0107-Ra\u0161ki. The church was consecrated on July 14, 2001, by His Eminence Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral and Bishop Joanikije of Budimljansko-Nik\u0161i\u0107i.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-a1898297 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-6e4df1ef\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<h2 class=\"wp-block-heading has-text-align-center\" style=\"font-size:25px\"><strong>Crkvi\u010dko Polje: Saints Peter and Paul Church<\/strong><\/h2>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color wp-block-paragraph\">Built in 1881 and consecrated on Petrovdan (St. Peter\u2019s Day) 1882, the church was constructed in a coastal architectural style. Over the years, it suffered damage during the First and Second World Wars, as well as the 1979 earthquake that struck Montenegro. The church was fully restored in 1993 and reconsecrated in 1994, regaining its original appearance.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-d3df20a7\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/petra-i-pavla.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16677\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/petra-i-pavla.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/petra-i-pavla-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/petra-i-pavla-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-797056a1 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-59df23fa\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"576\" height=\"768\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Crkva-u-Orahu-1-u-stibnima.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16680\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Crkva-u-Orahu-1-u-stibnima.jpg 576w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Crkva-u-Orahu-1-u-stibnima-225x300.jpg 225w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 576px) 100vw, 576px\" \/><figcaption class=\"wp-element-caption\">OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA<\/figcaption><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-18c262ac\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-text-align-left wp-block-paragraph\" style=\"font-size:20px\"><strong>Church of St. Sava \u2013 village Orah<br><\/strong><br>This is one of the oldest churches in the Piva region. It is believed to have been built 200 years before the construction of the Piva Monastery. The church was constructed in the Ra\u0161ka architectural style. According to tradition, clothing and a bell from this church were used during the consecration of the Piva Monastery.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-435fc9f6\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-84c8951a qodef-col-num--1 qodef-col-layout--100 qodef-content--boxed\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-5a53434a\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center has-white-color has-text-color wp-block-paragraph\" style=\"font-size:42px\"><strong>Church of Saint Sava in Orah is one of the oldest churches in the Piva region, built in the Ra\u0161ka architectural style.<\/strong><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-2f7d2556 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-40c69fe5\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-text-align-left wp-block-paragraph\" style=\"font-size:20px\"><strong>Church of Saint John \u2013 Plu\u017eine<\/strong><br><br><br>Built in 1902 during the time of the famous Piva Duke, Lazar So\u010dica, the church stands with monuments to the Duke and his son located just in front and on the western side of the building.<br><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-0f0add8c\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1080\" height=\"1320\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/sv.-jovana-pluzine.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16692\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/sv.-jovana-pluzine.jpg 1080w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/sv.-jovana-pluzine-245x300.jpg 245w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/sv.-jovana-pluzine-838x1024.jpg 838w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/sv.-jovana-pluzine-768x939.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1080px) 100vw, 1080px\" \/><figcaption class=\"wp-element-caption\">OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA<\/figcaption><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-784157dc qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width zaobljene-slike\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-f260c943\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"650\" height=\"500\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-2-650x500-2.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16704\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-2-650x500-2.jpg 650w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-2-650x500-2-300x231.jpg 300w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 650px) 100vw, 650px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"650\" height=\"500\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-3-650x500-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16703\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-3-650x500-1.jpg 650w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-3-650x500-1-300x231.jpg 300w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 650px) 100vw, 650px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"650\" height=\"500\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-1-650x500-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16702\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-1-650x500-1.jpg 650w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Pivski-manastir-1-650x500-1-300x231.jpg 300w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 650px) 100vw, 650px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-ec231d82\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<h2 class=\"wp-block-heading alignwide has-text-align-center\" style=\"font-size:25px\"><strong>Piva Monastery<\/strong><\/h2>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The Piva Monastery was originally located at the source of the Piva River, but it was relocated to Sinjac due to the river\u2019s flooding and the construction of a hydroelectric power plant. This remarkable engineering feat involved moving the entire monastery along with its original frescoes. The undertaking was extremely complex, given that the monumental church interior is covered with 1,260 square meters of priceless frescoes. The Church of the Assumption of the Virgin was built thanks to the efforts of Metropolitan Savatije Sokolovi\u0107 between 1573 and 1586, on the site of an older church. The monastery soon became one of the most important centers of spiritual art and manuscript copying in the region.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The interior features carved woodwork and a gilded iconostasis dating from 1638, notable for its proportional design, lavish carvings, and exquisitely painted icons of Longin and Kir Kozma. The church also houses decorative furniture, including the Bogorodi\u010dno Kolo (Holy Mother&#8217;s circuit), the episcopal table, and doors made of ivory.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The monastery\u2019s treasury is one of the richest in Montenegro, containing precious collections of ancient manuscripts and some of the first printed books in the Balkans, including the only surviving Psalter from the Obod printing press.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-7cbddf57 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width zaobljene-slike\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-c695077e\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Boricje-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16717\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Boricje-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Boricje-1-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Boricje-1-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center wp-block-paragraph\"><br><mark style=\"background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)\" class=\"has-inline-color has-dark-gray-color\"><strong><strong>Church of Saint John \u2013 Bori\u010dje<\/strong><br><\/strong>Built in 1884, the church fell into ruin after the Second World War, particularly following the 1979 earthquake, and was later restored.<\/mark><br><br><\/p>\n\n\n\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Smrijecno-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16718\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Smrijecno-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Smrijecno-1-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Smrijecno-1-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center has-black-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-1 wp-block-paragraph\"><br><mark style=\"background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)\" class=\"has-inline-color has-dark-gray-color\"><strong>Church of Saint John \u2013 Smrije\u010dna<\/strong><\/mark><br>The church was built by the villagers in 1907. It has been renovated twice: first after the Second World War in 1945\u20131946, and later in 1985\u20131986.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-e67fd22d\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"512\" height=\"768\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Rudinice-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16711\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Rudinice-1.jpg 512w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Rudinice-1-200x300.jpg 200w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 512px) 100vw, 512px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center has-black-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-2 wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Cathedral of Saint Nicholas \u2013 Rudinice<br><\/strong>Built in the Ra\u0161ka architectural style in 1904, the church underwent essential repairs carried out by the villagers in 1960.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-9d642c80\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-2a18b997 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-a560468d\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"673\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Trsa-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16724\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Trsa-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Trsa-1-300x197.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Trsa-1-768x505.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-3 wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>THE CHURCH OF SAINT GEORGE IN THE VILLAGE OF TRSA<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-4 wp-block-paragraph\">It was built in 1899. Its restoration was finished in 1967.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-434b7009\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/svetog-jovana-na-piscu.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16731\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/svetog-jovana-na-piscu.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/svetog-jovana-na-piscu-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/svetog-jovana-na-piscu-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-5 wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF SAINT JOHN ON PI\u0160\u010cU<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-6 wp-block-paragraph\">Built in 1884. godine. Its restoration was finished in 1982.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-20d838b3 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--full-width\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-1a3792fd\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"670\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Borkovici-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16722\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Borkovici-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Borkovici-1-300x196.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Borkovici-1-768x503.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-7 wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-8 wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>CHURCH OF SAINT JOHN IN BORKOVI\u0106I<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-16fc0f80\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-9 wp-block-paragraph\">It was built after the <strong>Herzegovinian Uprising (1875\u20131878)<\/strong>. In <strong>1960<\/strong>, the villagers replaced the church\u2019s wooden structure with a metal roof, and a major restoration was carried out in <strong>1982<\/strong>.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-ea4fa7c8\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nikovici-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16733\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nikovici-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nikovici-1-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nikovici-1-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-10 wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-11 wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>CHURCH OF SAINT JOHN IN NINKOVI\u0106I<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-12 wp-block-paragraph\">Built in 1911, as evidenced by the inscription above the church entrance. The church was restored in 1962.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-13 wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-af3b636e\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-83eb267b qodef-col-num--3 qodef-col-layout--25-50-25 qodef-content--boxed\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-8bd0fbd2\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-e171c1c5\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-14 wp-block-paragraph\" style=\"font-size:35px;line-height:1.2\"><strong>Church of St John the Baptist in Zagr\u0111e<\/strong><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-04c9ec57\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\"><\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-f0619e1b qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--boxed\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-00f603f7\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-15 wp-block-paragraph\">The Zagra\u0111e Monastery, founded by Herceg Stefan Vuk\u010di\u0107 Kosa\u010da, was built in the first half of the 15th century at the confluence of the Piva and Tara Rivers, in the heart of the ancient Serbian region of Hum. The monastery church is dedicated to the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist. It is located approximately halfway between the medieval fortified town of Sokol and \u0160\u0107epan Polje, a place historically known as Me\u0111urje\u010dje, first mentioned in Byzantine chronicles in the 10th century. The monastery\u2019s founder, Herceg Stefan (1404\u20131466), was the grandson of the famous Duke Vlatko Hrani\u0107 Vukovi\u0107, who commanded the army of King Tvrtko at the Battle of Kosovo.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-4726c74e\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-16 wp-block-paragraph\">Architecturally, the church reflects inspiration from the Ra\u0161ka school, representing a successful blend of Eastern and Western church architecture. This combination is harmoniously adapted to serve the functions of Orthodox Christian worship. Notably, the church\u2019s structural solutions allowed it to remain standing under its dome for nearly 600 years, even though the original lead covering was removed by the Ottomans to roof the newly built Alad\u017ea Mosque in Fo\u010da.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-spacer qodef-block-container qodef-block-d67dec27\"><div class=\"qi-block-spacer qodef-block qodef-m\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-17 wp-block-paragraph\">A significant\u00a0restoration of the monastery began in 1998 with the blessing of Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral. Early contributions came from Iguman Lazar of Ostrog and local companies, including Fabrika Elektroda and HE Piva. Restoration intensified after Iguman Lazar\u2019s arrival in 2001, extending to the entire monastic complex, despite the challenging, confined space dictated by historical circumstances. Significant support also came from Plu\u017eine Municipality and numerous individuals from Montenegro, Republika Srpska, Serbia, and Canada.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-7b3f5d2e\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"575\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16746\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-1-300x168.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-1-768x431.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"575\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-2.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16748\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-2.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-2-300x168.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-2-768x431.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n\n\n\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"575\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-3.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16750\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-3.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-3-300x168.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Manastir-Zagradje-3-768x431.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-094e8d27 qodef-col-num--3 qodef-col-layout--25-50-25 qodef-content--boxed\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-c3cc59f1\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\"><\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-b270b13f\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-text-align-center has-dark-gray-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-18 wp-block-paragraph\" style=\"font-size:35px\"><strong>CHURCH OF SAINT JOHN IN NEDAJNO<\/strong><\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-e1081dac\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\"><\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<section class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-columns qodef-gutenberg-section qodef--template qodef-block-0f16fa04 qodef-col-num--2 qodef-col-layout--50 qodef-content--boxed\"><div class=\"qodef-section-background-overlay\"><\/div><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-row\">\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-475dcf3c\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<figure class=\"wp-block-image size-full zaobljene-slike\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"683\" src=\"http:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nedajno-1.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-16762\" srcset=\"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nedajno-1.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nedajno-1-300x200.jpg 300w, https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/wp-content\/uploads\/2025\/10\/Nedajno-1-768x512.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div><\/div>\n\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-qi-blocks-column qodef-gutenberg-column qodef-block-5d0b3eba\"><div class=\"qodef-gutenberg-column-inner\">\n<p class=\"has-black-color has-text-color has-link-color wp-elements-19 wp-block-paragraph\">Built in 1928. In 1989, the inhabitants of the village renovated the church, completing the necessary work on both the inner and outer walls.<\/p>\n<\/div><\/div>\n<\/div><\/section>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":0,"parent":18453,"menu_order":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","template":"","meta":{"footnotes":""},"class_list":["post-18482","page","type-page","status-publish","hentry","entry"],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/18482","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/types\/page"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fcomments&post=18482"}],"version-history":[{"count":48,"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/18482\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19005,"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/18482\/revisions\/19005"}],"up":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/18453"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/parkpiva.hola.rs\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fmedia&parent=18482"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}